CCDA Small Business Grant Program
The CCDA is excited to offer a new program specifically aimed at local small business owners. The Small Business Grant Program was made possible by the wonderful corporate sponsors to the Chambers County Development Authority. The program promotes economic development, business expansion, and job creation by providing financial assistance to locally owned small businesses in Chambers County. The CCDA Board of Directors & Staff wanted to create a way to provide small grants that a business owner will use to help increase revenue generation and job creation within the county. Eligible projects include those related to industry, commerce, distribution, property enhancement, or research activities. Retail projects can also apply for these grants. . A business is considered small if they have fewer than 50 employees. Allowable costs and uses include:
- Land or building purchase, if the project involves an existing building
- Building construction, renovations, or additions
- Machinery and equipment purchases
- Long term lease improvements, if businesses owner currently owns the building
- Improvements to interior/ exterior of facility including landscaping, energy efficiency improvements, improvements to parking lot, etc.
“We know how difficult it is for small business owners to do business in this economy; therefore, we wanted to promote a program to help support out valued small businesses”, Fuller said. To date we have had three businesses apply and be approved for the program and the momentum continues to build.“I want a success story”, Fuller said, “I want to be able to ride down the road and know that our sponsors and office had a part in making something happen!” For more information on the program contact Kimberly Fuller of the Chambers County Development Authority at 334-642-1460.